Sexual sin has been assaulting the church like a wildfire. Many constantly battle against their flesh and find themselves discouraged after they’ve succumbed to temptation. This is a familiar scene to both men and women in the church.
The only solution is to hide the Word in our hearts so that we would not sin against the Lord. This is a message on sexual purity that has been a personal blessing to me and has even helped me grow in my purity. I pray that this would also be beneficial to you or anyone else that you know that may be struggling with sins of immorality. In principle, it also, in principle, is a help for fighting sins in general. This is an exposition of 1 Corinthians 6:12-20.
4 Reminders that help us abstain from immorality and sin.
- Remember The True Purpose of the Body (vv. 12-14)
- The First Slogan (v. 12)
- The Second Slogan (v. 13)
- The Future Resurrection (v. 14)
- Remember The Opposing Unions of Christ and the Harlot (vv. 15-17)
- The Intimate Union with Christ (v. 15a)
- The Inconsistent Unions (vv. 15b-17)
- Remember The Unique Nature of Immorality (v. 18)
- Remember The Secured Ownership of God (vv. 19-20)
- Ownership through Residency (v. 19)
- Ownership through Redemption (v. 20)