I love singing. I may not be very good at it, but I love to sing. One of the immense blessings from the Shepherds’ Conference was the opportunity to sing alongside of 3000+ men.
The conference was blessed to have the musicians of Grace Community Church lead the evening services. There, they led the music with skill and excellence. The choir, strings, horns, and organ were all beautifully played. The special numbers were encouraging and done with great excellence.
The day sessions were led by Bob Kauflin from Sovereign Grace Ministries. He simply led from behind the piano and microphone with no other accompaniment. This really emphasized the attendees corporate voice. It was not drowned out by other instruments. To be honest, hearing the roar of 3000+ men in the sanctuary was chilling. I’m not sure I’ve experienced anything to rival it.
I could see the preparation and thoughtfulness put in to assembling the song lists. It really showed that the people leading the conference spiritually prepared for what they were praying to accomplish. Here’s a setlist from before Phil John’s message I particularly enjoyed that quite literally brought me to the brink of tears.
- A Mighty Fortress
- Christ the Sure and Steady Anchor
- Scripture Reading: 2 Timothy 4:16-18. A reminder that conferences aren’t real life. Real life and ministry is much harder and we need to learn to trust in Him alone.
- Oh Lord, My Rock and My Redeemer
- Jesus, I My Cross Have Taken
- All Hail the Power of Jesus’ Name